[oXygen-user] Oxygen 10.1 - Frameworks DITA catalog file has higher priority than project specific catalog files

Jan Nylund
Wed Apr 1 08:55:02 CDT 2009

Hello.

In 10.1 it seem to be impossible to override the default catalog
settings from the file {oxygenhome}/frameworks/dita/catalog.xml.

I have a project specific DTD set that currently uses the default
Oasis publicd (for historical reasons) but isn't 100% identical to the
ones included with Oxygen. In a normal way I created a project and
included my own catalog file, but Oxygen still uses the files included
in the framework for validation. I verified the behaviour from the
information view where full paths to files are shown during validation.

If I rename the file catalog.xml in frameworks/dita to something else
and restart Oxygen, my project specific catalog file works as supposed.
If I remember correctly, this behavior was different in earlier
versions of Oxygen, where my project specific catalog files had
priority higher than Oxygen's default files.

I hope this behavior can be modified so that the project settings
would always allow overriding default settings.

Br,
Jan

--
Jan Nylund