[oXygen-user] set an XML Schema for a directory?

Sorin Ristache
Mon Sep 8 08:17:49 CDT 2008

Hello Robert,

The schema is not assigned to a file when the action "Validate Selection
with ..." is executed in the Project view. You still need to use one of
the schema association mechanisms of Oxygen because the Project view
action is intended as a one time only association between a set of files
and a schema. I am sure you already know the association mechanisms of
Oxygen but just in case there are some users who do not know them:

- the schema of a document type that matches the edited document:

http://www.oxygenxml.com/doc/ug-oxygen/author-predefined-doc-types.html

http://www.oxygenxml.com/doc/ug-oxygen/preferences-document-type-association.html

- a schema specified in the edited document, for example with a DOCTYPE
declaration, the xsi:schemaLocation attribute or a processing
instruction (for Relax NG schemas and NVDL schemas):

http://www.oxygenxml.com/doc/ug-oxygen/editing-xml-documents.html#setting-schema-for-content-completion

- the schema learned by Oxygen from the current structure of the XML
document:

http://www.oxygenxml.com/doc/ug-oxygen/editing-xml-documents.html#learning-document-structure