[oXygen-user] XQuery (or XPath) console?

Florent Georges
Tue Oct 28 11:21:52 CDT 2008

Sorin Ristache wrote:

> Yes, the XPath 2.0 queries are executed with Saxon 9 in the XPath
> toolbar and in the XPath Builder view.

  Thanks for the response, Sorin.  I didn't think about the XPath
Builder view (the XPath toolbar is nice, but is really to small for
queries longer than a 2 or 3 steps.)  Three remarks though...

  1/ XQuery is not usable there, though is would be useful.  2/ You
have to get an XML document opened and selected in the editor in order
to use the builder (even if your query begins by collection()...)  3/
You don't have any support to select a directory or document by a
dialog box (when testing the builder before posting now, I actually
made a typo in a looong path.)  I think an additional button on the
builder, to launch a simple dialog to set the default collection would
be useful.

  It would be interesting also to have a list of queries saved within
the project, in order to save useful queries often used while
developing.

  Anyway, the builder can help for simple queries.  And I like the
"toggle floating" feature in that case (I haven't thought of a concrete
usage before.)

  Thank you all oXygen folks, for all the help provided today.

Florent Georges
http://www.fgeorges.org/