[oXygen-user] xsl:result-document with no href causes "Cannot write to a URI that has already been read" err-XTRE1500

Andrew Welch
Tue Oct 28 07:37:04 CDT 2008

>  But I think more like Andrew: maybe making @href optional doesn't
> make sense?  I guess that's a question for XSL List.

No it makes sense that it's optional to me - it doesn't make sense if
omitting it returns the URI of the stylesheet.

I've always understood it to be relative to the output URI, and the
error in this case will be down to the way oXygen handles the output
behind the scenes (I'm guessing it's that, anyway, not much point in
speculating further)

Another way of looking at it is:

<xsl:template match="/">

</xsl:template>

and

<xsl:template match="/">
  <xsl:result-document>

  </xsl:result-document>
</xsl:template>

are equivalent where the xsl:result-document instruction is implied in
the first instance, and explicit in the second.  Both create document
nodes in the result tree.

It's like:

<xsl:variable>

</xsl:variable>

and

<xsl:variable>
  <xsl:document>

  </xsl:document>
</xsl:variable>

...both are the same, where the document-node() creation is implied in
the first, and explicit in the second.

Again, that's just the way I see it.

--
Andrew Welch