[oXygen-user] XML to HTML - a couple of questions

Peter Bradley
Sat Oct 11 10:34:18 CDT 2008

Hi,

My first question relates to oXygen's output when transforming from XML
to HTML.  I have a stylesheet that starts:

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8' ?>
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
    <xsl:template match="/">
            <head>
                <title>My Title</title>

When I do the transformation, I get this output (start):

   <head>

      <title>My Title</title>

My question is, what is that meta tag?  Not only does it appear to have
been inserted without my say-so, but it's also invalid since it's not
closed.

The second question concerns the insertion of a DTD at the top of the
page.  My Google-foo appears to have deserted me to the extent that I
can't see any way of performing a transformation that puts a DTD at the
top of the HTML page.  Unsurprisingly, I want to have this:

... as the first line in the result document.

Apologies if these are  silly questions, but I just haven't been able to
find any answers.

Thanks in advance

Peter