[oXygen-user] Large XML file

Paul Ryan
Wed Oct 8 12:57:44 CDT 2008

Our group uses eXist to load large (50 to 100MB) files and query in a viewer quite often with a lot of success so I would add my recommendation to those previously stated on using eXist for these kinds of large file queries.

-- Paul Ryan

-----Original Message-----
From:  [mailto:] On Behalf Of Bradley, Peter
Sent: Wednesday, October 08, 2008 6:14 AM
To: George Cristian Bina
Cc: oXygen User ML
Subject: RE: [oXygen-user] Large XML file

Hi George and all,

>To avoid the delays when entering XPath you need to disable the XPath
>content completion

Thanks.  I'll do that.  And investigate eXist, which looks cool - as my
grandchildren say.

Despite the temptation to say, "But I like content completion!", I think
it's time to call this a day - for me, at least.  I've had lots of good
advice, which is exactly what I needed, and I've learnt some things
about XML tools, too.

So my thanks to all.

Cheers

Peter