[oXygen-user] Fixed-width font

George Cristian Bina
Fri Oct 3 01:48:35 CDT 2008

Hi,

 From what we tested the fonts in Java do not look the same as in native
applications. For example setting a Courier New in oXygen and playing
with all the anti-aliasing options available gives a different rendering
than setting the same font in a native application. Our general feeling
was that the monospaced fonts set in Java are uglier :) thus the
decision to use a different type of font.
On Mac there was an issue with the fonts that forced the usage of a
fixed-width font:
http://www.oxygenxml.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=64

Please note that once you set a font that should be taken automatically
by new versions of oXygen when you upgrade from a version to another.