[oXygen-user] How to not validate an XML document that is called via the 'document' function in XSLT 2.0 [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Mon Nov 24 23:14:27 CST 2008

Hi all,

I have an XSL that calls an XML document using the 'document' function.  The document that I call has an incorrect 'schemaLocation' statement in it.  This makes the XML document invalid.  The document itself is well formed and does validate if one changes the schemaLocation to point to a real location of the included XSDs.

I am trying to get the custodians of this XML document to change the schemaLocation to fix this problem.  Meanwhile, I would like to be able to call this document using the 'document' function without validating it.  Can this be done in XSLT 2.0 or Oxygen?   If so what parameter settings do I make in my XSL or Oxygen.

An example of the XSL is below.

Thanks.

John

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform" version="2.0">
<xsl:output method="text"></xsl:output>
  <xsl:template match="/">
    <xsl:param name="URL">http://www.isotc211.org/2005/resources/Codelist/gmxCodelists.xml</xsl:param>
    <xsl:value-of select="$URL"/>

    <xsl:value-of select="document($URL)//CT_CodelistCatalogue/name" ></xsl:value-of>

  </xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

 John Hockaday
 Geoscience Australia