[oXygen-user] Feature requests

Francois Jordaan
Fri Mar 28 11:49:22 CDT 2008

I appreciate the considerate response, Sorin.

> We will modify the double click action. A double click on an
> attribute name or an attribute value will select the whole
> the attribute. A double click on a single tag will select
> the whole tag including the '<' and '> characters.

Thanks, that sounds good. I'm unsure whether everyone else will agree
with this, so it should probably be an option in Preferences.

 > > You are the only user that requested to clear the clipboard when
 > > nothing is selected in the editor panel.

 > I don't think FJ was requesting the clipboard be cleared, I think he
 > was complaining about it.

Syd is correct: I was complaining. Cmd-V is an awkward chord on a Mac
keyboard, and I often accidentally hit Cmd-C when I intended to paste.
My clipboard is then cleared, an annoyance that's impossible to undo.

 > In version 9.2 we will add the option "Cut/Copy whole
 > line when nothing is selected" for the text editor in
 > Options -> Preferences -> Editor. With this option the
 > function of cut/copy the whole line can be disabled.

Thanks, that will fix my problem.

 > Now I understand. We will make the tag inserted by the
 > previous Surround operation the default item selected in the
 > combo box of the Tag dialog invoked by Ctrl-E. For example
 > if the previous Surround operation inserted <link> when
 > Ctrl-E is pressed the "link" item will be selected by
 > default in the combo box. If the dropdown list of the combo
 > does not contain "link" the first item of the list will be
 > selected.

That will be perfect. Thanks again!

francois
--
 / Isotoma, Open Source Software Consulting
Tel: 01904 567349 / Mobile: 07872 394273 / Fax: 020 79006980

Registered in England.  Company No 5171172.  VAT GB843570325.
Registered Office: 19a Goodge Street, London, W1T 2PH