[oXygen-user] Feature requests

Francois Jordaan
Fri Mar 28 05:00:51 CDT 2008

I really appreciate the responses from oXygen and the community. Here's
a quick re-cap (I'll use Meta in place of Ctrl/Cmd.)

1. I learned that last Meta-E can be repeated with Meta-Slash. However,
I'm not the only one to believe it would be more intuitive, with no
negative side-effects, for Meta-E to simply remember the last value
instead of always defaulting to 'a'.

This would be especially useful if combined with my 2nd suggestion,
allowing .class and #id in the Meta-E dialog.

 > When you hit Ctrl+C or Ctrl+X and nothing is selected in the
 > editor the actions Copy and Cut are disabled. If they are
 > disabled they cannot modify the clipboard. This is true for
 > oXygen and other applications, on the Mac OS X and Windows
 > machines where I tested these actions.

I have tested this repeatedly, and Meta-C and Meta-X certainly clears
the clipboard when nothing is selected. I think what it is doing is
Copying/Cutting the current line. Is this an option in Preferences?

  > 5. Cursor movement up/down: always remember x position
from line to line, even after pasting.

A unique, useful feature of Textpad, it seems. It will be considered for
future inclusion -- thanks, Sorin.

 > 6. The "Delete Tag" keyboard shortcut on Mac (Cmd-Opt-X) doesn't work

My mistake: I should've been using the Mac's Ctrl rather than Cmd.

francois

--
 / Isotoma, Open Source Software Consulting
Tel: 01904 567349 / Mobile: 07872 394273 / Fax: 020 79006980

Registered in England.  Company No 5171172.  VAT GB843570325.
Registered Office: 19a Goodge Street, London, W1T 2PH