[oXygen-user] Feature requests

Sorin Ristache
Thu Mar 27 10:31:12 CDT 2008

Hello,

Francois Jordaan wrote:
> 3. Major annoyance (and arguably a bug): Don't clear clipboard when
> copying nothing (hitting Ctrl-C or X with nothing selected.)

When you hit Ctrl+C or Ctrl+X and nothing is selected in the
editor the actions Copy and Cut are disabled. If they are
disabled they cannot modify the clipboard. This is true for
oXygen and other applications, on the Mac OS X and Windows
machines where I tested these actions.

 > 5. Cursor movement up/down: always remember x position
from line to line, even after pasting.

I think it is a special feature of Textpad. I see that it is
enabled by the option "Constrain the cursor to the text" of
Textpad. I don't know other editor applications that
remember the column number before a paste operation executed
on the current line and when the cursor is moved with the
up/down keys the cursor is positioned on the same column
number on other lines. However we will consider your request
for a future version of oXygen.

> 6. The "Delete Tag" keyboard shortcut on Mac (Cmd-Opt-X) doesn't work

It works for me. You should check from menu Options ->
Preferences -> Menu Shortcut Keys if the shortcut for the
action Delete Element Tags is Cmd+Opt+X in your oXygen
preferences.

> 7. The CSS validator doesn't recognise unitless line-height

Thank you for reporting the problem. A numeric value of
line-height without a unit like in, cm, pt, etc. should be
accepted. We will have to improve the CSS validator in a
future version of oXygen.