[oXygen-user] Confusing Message When Schema Cannot Be Found

Sorin Ristache
Tue Mar 11 08:17:22 CDT 2008

Hello,

It is a generic error message reported when a schema is not
associated with the XML document using any of the
association mechanisms supported in oXygen including the
xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation attribute. An XML parser does
not report such a detailed cause of the error (the attribute
xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation was not spelled correctly, the
URI specified as the value of the attribute could not be
resolved using a URI resolver, etc).

As you can see there are possible resolutions of the error
in the error message itself and for a more advanced
association mechanism like an XML catalog oXygen provides a
special debugging method: the logging output of the XML
catalog based entity/URI resolver which you can enable from
menu Options -> Preferences -> XML -> XML Catalog -- Verbosity.