[oXygen-user] Feature Request -- Run spell check entire DITA Map

Seraphim Larsen
Wed Jul 16 22:44:11 CDT 2008

I would suggest that it work something like this:

   - In the Map Editor, or in the Project View, select a new command:  Check
   Spelling
      - If you were in Map Editor, it would start going through all the
      topic files referenced by topicref
      - If you were in Project View, it would go through all the files
      currently visible in the filter, or currently selected
   - It would scan each file for spelling problems.
   - If it doesn't find any (in any of the files), it would report that.
      - But if it does find any errors, it would open that topic file in the
      editor, and then kick off the normal file-based spell checker.
      - When that file-based process is done, ideally it would continue with
   the map/project-based process.
   - But even if it stopped after checking all the errors in that single
   file, and you had to manually re-start the map/project spell check, it would
   be a lot easier than what we have now.

So, this might be easier than what you describe.  I don't think it's
necessary to generate a report in the error panel at the bottom of the
screen, as for error checking.   That would be cool, but not necessary.
All it would really need to do is find each file, open it in the background,
run a check; if spelling errors found, open the file, and start the usual
spell-check process; if not, close the file and move on to the next.

What do you think?

Thanks!
Seraphim