[oXygen-user] html does not allow namespace declaration on the root element

Radu Coravu
Thu Jul 3 01:11:31 CDT 2008

Dear Barry,

Because the HTML does not have an XML schema location reference Oxygen
validates it by default with the XHTML Strict DTD that John
told you about in the other mail.
The validation is done according to the XHTML document type located in
the Oxygen Preferences -> Document Type Association page.
The XHTML Strict DTD simply does not have in its grammar a definition
for an attribute named xmlns:xsd.

There are 2 solutions to this:

1) Refer to the XHTML 1.1 XML Schema in the file. You can use Oxygen,
select "New", Choose "From templates" and find the XHTML 1.1 Schema
based template.
2) Modify the XHTML Document Type from the Oxygen preferences and in the
Schema tab choose XML Schema as a schema type and set
"${frameworks}/xhtml11/schema/xhtml11.xsd"
in the Schema URI field.

Radu Coravu <oXygen/> XML Editor, Schema Editor and XSLT Editor/Debugger
http://www.oxygenxml.com