[oXygen-user] Drag to oXygen Dock icon (OS X) doesn't work

Sorin Ristache
Tue Jan 8 09:32:19 CST 2008

Hello Syd,

 wrote:
> But I'm wondering -- is there any way to tell Mac OS X that it is OK
> to let oXygen open a file, even though it is not the default and does
> not have an oXygen icon? (Or have I completely misunderstood this
> stuff?)

Command + click in Finder, select Open With -> Other, browse to the
oXygen application bundle, check the option Always Open With of the
Choose Application dialog.

> If I had my druthers, oXygen would only associate its icon and be the
> default application for .xsl, .fo, .xslfo, and .xslt files, but would
> be *able* to open almost anything that I explicitly drag on top of it
> or try to open via the Open dialog box. I am sure that other people
> have similar desires with different lists of file types.

As far as I know a Mac application bundle accepts a file dropped on it
only if that file type is associated with the bundle in the Info.plist
of that bundle as the .xsl, .fo, .rng, etc. file types are associated
currently with the oXygen application bundle.