[oXygen-user] Implementing a URI Protocol Handler Plugin

Dan Caprioara
Tue Oct 23 06:05:51 CDT 2007

Hello,

At this time we do not offer the frame as an argument to the
URLChooserPluginExtension.chooseURL() method.

However, you can find the editor frame by using the following static method:

java.awt.Frame.getFrames()

You should iterate through the returned array and find the one that is
instance of  "ro.sync.exml.MainFrame":

      Frame oxygenFrame = null;

      Frame[] allFrames = Frame.getFrames();
      for (int i = 0; i < allFrames.length; i++) {

if(allFrames[i].getClass().getName().equals("ro.sync.exml.MainFrame")) {
          oxygenFrame = allFrames[i];
          break;
        }
      }

      System.out.println("Found the oxygen frame: " + oxygenFrame);

I hope this helps,

Best regards,
Dan