[oXygen-user] UI questions

Sorin Ristache
Mon Oct 8 10:02:25 CDT 2007

Hello,

Khaled Aly wrote:
> Well, XMLSpy call this the Authentic mode with markup shown. I'm attaching a
> screenshot of what I mean. I don't think it's in oXygen 9. It's just a
> productivity tool when repetitively using same custom or standard DTD.

The Author mode of oXygen can display the tags too. Just press the Full
Tags button on the Author toolbar. To return to tagless mode press the
No Tags button on the same toolbar.

> I'm not in software development and it's quiet a bit of research for me to
> thoroughly decide on the best option. You may be able to kindly provide me a
> shortcut. For the 'soul purpose' of easily accessing DITA's Open Toolkit,
> while using oXygen's built-in transformers, I'm seeking your recommendation
> of the simplest
> solution:
>
> 1. Install Ant separately and calling it from oXygen as per the link you
> sent me. Is this tried to build Ant scripts for DITA transformation?
> 2. Use the Eclipse oXygen version, and using Eclipse's built-in Ant for this
> purpose. Would that simlplify the process?
> 3. You previously mentioned that the coming oXygen version will have DITA
> support, and I believe this is oXygen 9. I have taken a quick tour of the
> new version and haven't noticed a specific DITA support (correct me if I'm
> wrong). I'm talking of similar support to that provided to DocBook and TEI--
> constructing transformation scenarios in a few UI simple steps.

You can see how the DITA support is configured in oXygen 9 in Options ->
Preferences -> Document Type Association -- DITA. If you select the DITA
document type and press the edit button you can see that there are three
predefined transformation scenarios: DITA to DocBook, DITA to HTML, DITA
to PDF. You can add your own scenarios to this list.

In your case the editing support added by the Ant plugin to Eclipse is
not needed so the Eclipse Ant plugin does not simplify using the DITA
Open Toolkit. I think you can execute the DITA build scripts both from
oXygen standalone with Ant configured as an external tool and from the
Ant plugin.