[oXygen-user] UI questions

Sorin Ristache
Fri Oct 5 10:23:35 CDT 2007

Khaled Aly wrote:
> And returning back to initial view
> required me to close all and start over.
> ** I just installed v.9beta and this feature doesn't seem to work there--
> not this way to the best I could see now.

You can return to the default layout of the oXygen window by executing
the action Reset Layout from the menu Perspective.

> ** I actually didn't mean to select JAXP in my preferences. I used to think
> of it as a parsing/processing API and not a standalone transformer, but
> apparently the way Sorin described it, there is a way to make it perform
> that way.

The JAXP value set as XSLT validation engine is available for setting
your own transformer which will be accessed using the JAXP interface. In
most cases the default engines catch all the errors in your XSLT
stylesheet but if you want to use a custom engine you can set it for
access through JAXP or if the engine does not support that you can set
it in Options -> Preferences -> Editor -> Custom Validation and use it
from the External Validation toolbar. If the toolbar is not visible in
the toolbar area you can make it visible by right clicking in the
toolbar area and selecting the name of the toolbar from the popup menu.