[oXygen-user] regular expression problem

Toufexis Notis
Sun Nov 11 11:18:02 CST 2007

Dear all,

I am using oxygen 9 for MacOS X. From time to time I have the
following problems with find & replace while using regular
expressions. I search for

<l>(.+)(\d+)(</l>) (in a TEI-encoded verse text find numbers at the
end of verse before the closing tag)

and want to replace it with

<l n="$2"> $1 ($2) $3 (copy the numbers as n attribute within the tag
and put also before the closing tags within parentheses)

Strangely, from time to time only the first digit is being copied
with the replace function, although all digits are being highlighted
with the search function. I have not been able to figure out when
this happens. The same happens also if instead of (\d+) I use (\d{1,4}).

Any ideas what is causing this and how it can be fixed?

Best wishes,
Notis