[oXygen-user] Is It PossibleTo Assign Shortcuts Keys For Code Template

Sorin Ristache
Thu Jul 26 09:42:29 CDT 2007

Hello,

Inserting a character easier than opening the Character Map dialog and
finding the character for each insertion was requested before on this list:

http://www.oxygenxml.com/pipermail/oxygen-user/2007-May/001125.html

A solution is a custom code template which inserts the character at
cursor position. Defining a custom code template is very easy but in the
current version of oXygen a shortcut cannot be assigned to a code
template. We have this issue logged on our JIRA.

I defined a code template with the content

ó${caret}

and I used it to insert the ó character in an XML file. The caret was
positioned after the inserted character. Please specify the type of
editor associated with your code template and the platform and the
version of Java virtual machine used to run oXygen. The JVM version is
displayed in Help -> About -> System properties -> java.vm.version.