[oXygen-user] Oxygen Eclipse Editor Not Getting Correct Encoding

Sorin Ristache
Fri Jan 12 07:59:30 CST 2007

Hello,

You just have to associate the non-standard extension with the Oxygen
XML Editor in Window -> Preferences -> General -> Editors -> File
Associations and with the oXygen XML content type in Window ->
Preferences -> General -> Content Types -> Text -> XML -> oXygen XML as
described in the User Manual for the Eclipse plugin:

http://projects.sync.ro/doc/ug-eclipse/common-problems.html

If you associate the extension with oXygen Eclipse as described above
and the file does not have an encoding declaration in the document
prolog then oXygen applies the UTF-8 encoding by default. There was a
problem with the default encoding when it was not declared in the
document prolog but version 8.1 which will be released probably next
week will fix that, it will use UTF-8 by default.