[oXygen-user] Bug/Feature Request for Schema Documentation Generation

W. Eliot Kimber
Mon Feb 5 15:25:42 CST 2007

In my XSD schema I have attribute declarations with documentation
annotations within the attribute declaration, like so:

        <xs:attribute name="number" type="xs:int" use="required">
         <xs:annotation>
           <xs:documentation>
               <h3>A Number</h3>
           </xs:documentation>
         </xs:annotation>

I notice that the contents of the annotation is being output in the XML
Instance Representation following the type indictator.

This is not really very useful and certainly not what I expected.

Is this a bug in the schema generation? If it's not a bug, can I submit
a feature request to do something more useful with attribute-level
documentation, such as put it out following any element- type-level
documentation, labeled with the attribute name?

I'd take a shot at it myself right now except that I'm already fully
occupied at the moment.

For now I can just move the documentation up to the element but I really
want to have documentation bound as close to the thing documented as
possible.

Thanks,

Eliot
--