[oXygen-user] New user: unicode editing

Chris Lilley
Sat Sep 23 09:27:44 CDT 2006

On Tuesday, September 19, 2006, 7:29:00 AM, Craig wrote:

CU> Hello,

CU>     I am new to oxygen and am very interested in its unicode functionality.
CU> Unfortunately, I have not been able to locate a dialog for entering,
CU> searching for, or replacing  unicode characters like other unicode enabled
CU> editors I have reviewed.  What do I need to do to access this functionality
CU> in oxygen?

Unicode characters are just charaters. They are treated the same as any other character.

Pasting in text, search, replace, just work as normal. There is no need to do anything special. Searching for Greek ??????? or Chinese ??????? is the same as searching for English hello world.

In particular there is no need to use entities or NCRs, no special escaping syntax when searching, etc.

--
 Chris Lilley                    mailto:
 Interaction Domain Leader