[oXygen-user] Problem with Oxygen on Kubuntu Dapper Dake

Thomas Zastrow
Tue Oct 10 06:49:03 CDT 2006

Sean Wheller wrote:

>On Tuesday 10 October 2006 12:01, Thomas Zastrow wrote:
>

>>I can't install Oxygen 7.2 on Kubuntu Dapper Dake. There is a
>>Java-installation and the variables JAVA_HOME and JAVA are pointing to
>>it. After starting oxygen.sh I get the error:
>>

>>:~/downloads/progs$ ./oxygen.sh
>>Starting Installer ...
>>java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax.swing.JOptionPane
>>   at java.lang.Class.initializeClass(libgcj.so.7)
>>   at com.install4j.runtime.installer.Installer.reportExeption(Unknown
>>Source)
>>   at com.install4j.runtime.installer.Installer.main(Unknown Source)
>>   at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(libgcj.so.7)
>>   at com.exe4j.runtime.LauncherEngine.launch(Unknown Source)
>>   at com.install4j.runtime.Launcher.main(Unknown Source)
>>

>Hi,
>
>I have Oxygen running on Kubuntu. The problem is that Kubuntu installs GCJ and
>does not install Sun Java.
>
>You need to add universe to the apt repositories and then uninstall gcj and
>install sunjava.
>
>That's all,

Thank you very much: I thought it would be enough to create variables
which are pointing to the original java, but that wasn't enough. Now I
changed the symlink from the gcj to Sun's Java  and it's working ;-)

Thanx!

Best,

Tom

--