[oXygen-user] Problem switching from trial key to commercial key in diff files program

Busch Paul
Thu Nov 9 03:50:05 CST 2006

Hi all,

approximately a month ago I installed oXygen 7.2 and acquired a trial
license. When the trial period neared its end a counter indicating the
days left began to show up at start up. I purchased a professional
license and pasted the key at the appropriate place.

Everything went fine. The counter ceased to show. Only when starting the
(definitely second to nothing) diff files program standalone the counter
would still appear indicating the days left on the trial license. I
looked for a way to tell the diff files program about my newly acquired
license key, but there seemed to be no way to do that. A reinstall
didn't help either as the uninstall procedure does not seem to purge
license keys.

I decided to wait what would happen when the trial license would finally
expire which happened today. The diff files program told me that the
trial period was over and gave me the opportunity to paste my key.

So in the end everything turned to good account but I don't think that's
the way it should work. I thought I'd let you know so other users can be
spared the experience. And if anyone knows advice on how to reliably
purge a (trial) license key without formatting the hard disk I'd
gratefully take it.
Best regards.

Paul