[oXygen-user] import old Notebook database to XML?

Sorin Ristache
Wed Jan 18 08:13:51 CST 2006

Hello Ken,

For such an old database probably it is too much to ask for a JDBC
driver. But if you can find an ODBC driver the conversion is very easy:
the ODBC driver connects to the JDBC-ODBC bridge which can be set in
<oXygen/> as the driver that fetches the data for the database import
operation (menu File -> Import -> Database data).

If the Notebook database is able to export data as plain text another
way of conversion is to export the data as text and develop a custom
XSLT 2.0 stylesheet for the conversion to XML.

Best regards,
Sorin