[oXygen-user] formating and indenting "long" elements

Sorin Ristache
Thu Dec 21 09:56:20 CST 2006

Hello Chris,

There is no option to force that in empty elements the slash remains on
the same line as the last attribute. There is the format option "Add
space before slash in empty elements" available in Preferences -> Editor
-> Format -> XML that when is disabled forces that no space is added
between the last attribute and the slash. However if the maximum line
width set in Preferences -> Editor -> Format is exactly at the slash
character then a line break is inserted before the slash. You can keep
the slash on the same line by changing the line width option.