[oXygen-user] Namespace of oXygen project files

Eike Jordan
Tue May 24 08:58:29 CDT 2005

Hello Sorin,

Sorin Ristache wrote:
> Dear Eike Jordan,
>
> The format of the <oXygen/> project files was not published. Such files
> are generated and parsed internally by <oXygen/>, like project files in
> other IDEs. We did not make a commitment for the current format so it is
> subject to change without notice. For example we are thinking about
> including in such a file also transformation scenarios, now defined only
> globally, at the application level.

That sounds interesting. I've noticed such kind of feature in the XML Spy Suite
an found it quite useful to be able to associate transformation scenarios to
project files or project folders.

> That implies changes in your
> authoring application that generates <oXygen/> project files. Would that
> be OK with you ? If you provide more details about your application and
> your needs related to such files we may decide to publish this format.

Our application mentioned above is based on the Apache Cocoon Publishing Framework.
The content that is served by the framework is based on so called 'Valid Learning
Units'; at least 4 to 10 single XML pages.
If you are interested in chemical education you can find some static content
at www.vs-c.de. Most of the content is in German (sorry) :-)

Ok, back to the authoring part. We decided to take oXygen as our favorite XML Editor
after evaluation nearly a dozen commercial and non-commercial programs.
Our "first class" editors all work with oXygen. In order to make their live some
more convenient we decided to offer an oXygen project download of all pages that are
implied in one 'Valid Learning Unit'. In this regard it would be better to implement
against a schema with an official namespace.

Best regards,
Eike
--
Eike Jordan  <>