[oXygen-user] oXygen beta 6 Visual Relax NG editor chokes on large schemas

George Cristian Bina
Wed May 11 22:19:05 CDT 2005

Dear Eike,

 > - there is now way to start with the current edited file as source file

If the file is adeed to the project then you can select it in the
project pnel and use the Compare action to compare it with another file.
It will be loaded automatically in the left diff panel.
If you select two files in the project panel and choose the Compare
contextual action then they both will be loaded in the diff panels.

 > - when merging into the current edited file a "file has changed"
 >   notification is missing. You have pay attention to reload the file
 >   'manually'.

I do not exactly understand this. In the diff interface if a file is
modified there is a Modified entry in the status bar that appears in
that moment. If you save the file in the diff interface and go back to
the editor then the editor when receives the focus should load that file
automatically.

We made yesterday a few enhancements on the Relax NG diagram
performance. Now the browsing on large schemas like the
office-schema-1.0-cd-3.rng schema works really well, we will check today
also the save as image and printing. We added also as Davis suggested
two options to allow removing the diagrams from the XML Schema and from
the Relax NG editors.