[oXygen-user] oXygen 6 beta

Christian Wittern
Wed May 11 20:25:34 CDT 2005

George Cristian Bina <> writes:

> Hello everybody,
>
> The *best version of <oXygen/> ever* is ready for a first run :). We
> just uploaded a beta build of the new oXygen 6 at the URLs below [1].
> Please give it a try and let us know your feedback.

I have now looked at the new version and came up with two issues (that
also exist in 5.1 by the way):

* on Mac OX X (with a Japanese keyboard) there seems to be now way to
  input the or ('|') character -- whenever I press the key that in other
  Applications produces this character, nothing happens.

* Display for Unicode-Characters beyond the BMP is distorted.  These
characters do show (if you have the correct font installed), but
oxygen seems to mistake them for two characters, for example selecting
such a character shows the two composing elements of the surrogate
pair instead of the character, there is also extra spurious
"whitespace" at the end of such a sequence.  Just in case you need a
small test file, I put one online for you at:

http://www.kanji.zinbun.kyoto-u.ac.jp/~wittern/oxygen6-test.xml

The first note element has such a character, and there is no
whitespace in that element.

I hope you can improve this for the release.

All the best,

Christian

--

 Christian Wittern