[oXygen-user] "Invalid encoding name" when importing saml schema

George Cristian Bina
Fri Jul 29 11:41:45 CDT 2005

Hi Julien,

We were able to reproduce the behavior, thanks for reporting that. We
will look into that and see what happens.

In the meanwhile you can workaround the problem if you get a local copy
of the
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/3408/oasis-sstc-saml-schema-assertion-1.1.xsd
and set up a catalog that resolves that system identifier to the local copy.

For instance if you place the catalog and the schema in the same folder
then the catalog file content can be:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE catalog PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD Entity Resolution XML Catalog
V1.0//EN"
"http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/entity/release/1.0/catalog.dtd">
<catalog xmlns="urn:oasis:names:tc:entity:xmlns:xml:catalog">
   <system
systemId="http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/3408/oasis-sstc-saml-schema-assertion-1.1.xsd"
uri="oasis-sstc-saml-schema-assertion-1.1.xsd"/>
</catalog>

The catalog should be added in the catalog list from
Options->Preferences -- XML -- XML Catalog page.