[oXygen-user] Catalog help

John Kelly
Wed Feb 16 00:25:09 CST 2005

Hello,

I'm trying to add a simple catalog. I've read lots of doc and it seems
that this should be straightforward,  so I'm staring to feel like a
doofus. (And tell me it's not a Mac problem...)

I'm trying to validate a log4j.xml file which has the following first
few lines:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<log4j:configuration xmlns:log4j="http://jakarta.apache.org/log4j/"
debug="false">

Figured I would map the system identifier "log4j.dtd" to the actual
file on my local disk, and I created a catalog.xml file with the
following:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<catalog xmlns="urn:oasis:names:tc:entity:xmlns:xml:catalog">

   <system systemId="log4j.dtd"
uri="file:///Users/john/Documents/oxygen/log4j.dtd"/>

</catalog>

I added this file to the list of catalogs and restarted OxygenXML. It
always claims that the log4j.dtd file can't be found in the source
directory containing log4j.xml. This leads me to believe that it never
looks for the one I've defined in the catalog. I've tried all kinds of
different URIs for the actual DTD location and nothing seems to work.

Can someone provide some insight as to what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,
. John
--
p..s. I found that the catalog file itself wouldn't validate either
when I put in it's doctype, which seems very strange:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE catalog PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD Entity Resolution XML Catalog
V1.0//EN"

"http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/entity/release/1.0/catalog.dtd">
<catalog xmlns="urn:oasis:names:tc:entity:xmlns:xml:catalog">
   <system systemId="log4j.dtd"
uri="file:///Users/john/Documents/oxygen/log4j.dtd"/>
</catalog>

gives me "Cannot find the declaration of element 'catalog'" when I try
to validate it. Seems like this should work since I can hit the system
ID fine with my browser.