[oXygen-user] Working with well formed document : indent not within elements

Sorin Ristache
Fri Aug 19 04:58:42 CDT 2005

Hello,

If you add A to the list of preserve space elements from Preferences -
Editor - Format the whole element A will remain on a single line. Why do
you need one element per line and without whitespace, like "><B>" and
"><C>" ? It looks more readable for me with normal indenting like:

<A ID="1" REF="2">
     <B>foo</B>
     <C>bar</C>
</A>

If you don't need whitespace text nodes inside the A element you can
remove them with the XSLT stylesheet that extracts the output data from
your XML document. Usually you don't present the data stored in the XML
document directly to the user. The data is processed with a XSLT stylesheet.

Best regards,
Sorin