[oXygen-user] go to parent element

Lars Huttar
Wed Aug 17 10:52:37 CDT 2005

George Cristian Bina wrote:

> Dear Lars,
>
> Try the following:
> Go to the beginning of that element and move outside of it (but not
> inside a sibling). Then look in the outliner, the parent is selected
> there, you can click on it to select it in the editor.
> Is that easy enough?
>
> Best Regards,
> George

Thanks for your quick reply. Your suggested method does make it easier,
assuming one has the outline view open.
Personally, I tend not to use the outline view... probably because I
have lots of files to show in the Project view.

Regardless of that, though, I find it much more efficient to be able to
do things without shifting to the mouse. Thus I would appreciate a
keyboard-accessible method for going to the parent element.

I realize you can't implement every suggestion. But if this were Emacs
(i.e. user-programmable), that's the next command I'd be writing for
myself. :-)

Lars