[oXygen-user] validation failure with version 6.1

George Cristian Bina
Wed Aug 17 02:17:05 CDT 2005

Hi Gary,

The problem in the first case appears because you use different schema
locations for the xml namespace, thus two schemas are parsed and you get
the duplicate definitions. You should decide if you want to use xml.xsd
or http://www.w3.org/2001/03/xml.xsd and use the same in all the schemas
that import the xml namespace. Changing for instance in the
simpledc20021212.xsd schema the import for the xml namespace as below
<xs:import namespace="http://www.w3.org/XML/1998/namespace"
              schemaLocation="xml.xsd">
will solve the duplicate definitions problem.

Also note that the http://www.w3.org/2001/03/xml.xsd stores the latest
schema for the xml namespace and that may vary in time, see the comments
in the http://www.w3.org/2001/03/xml.xsd schema for more details about this.