[oXygen-user] Re: Comments about a possible new feature

Manfred Schneider
Tue Jan 27 13:26:00 CST 2004

Hi George,

On Tuesday 27 January 2004 17:37, George Cristian Bina wrote:
> I would like to ask you how you feel about adding the possibility
> to fade the lines that are not in the center of the attention in
> the editing area. Do you find this useful ? Please look at the
> snapshot below to get an idea of how this would look like.

I would not prefer such a fading facility. For me the UI becomes less
readable. Especially reading documents from top to bottom becomes
more difficult.

Another option would be: to integrate a collapse/expand facility in
the *editor window*. And add buttons/functions to easily expand /
collapse (several) subtrees. There are many other IDEs/source editors
which allow such collapsing/expanding.

> Also you may see in the screenshot an actual feature that will go
> in oXygen 3.1 in February: the outliner will be able to show some
> attibutes and/or text content.

This looks great :-)

Kind regards, Manfred