[oXygen-user] Getting XSL Extensions to Work

Sean Wheller
Fri Oct 31 08:48:29 CST 2003

This converstion from docbook-apps shows that the
problem is not unique to me. Th eonly difference is
that I have copied the extension file to the oxygen
lib folder. According to george that should put the
jar into the oxygen classpath. This makes sense, yet
everywhere else I look discussion seems to indicate
that this is a calsspath problem.

Perhaps to copy to the lib folder is not enough.
Perhas I must add the lib folder to my system
classpath? But then we will not know where the problem
is and why.

Guys has somebody actually tested the extensions under
oxygen without adding the lib folder to the system
classpath?

When I turn off tablecolumns.extension I get a new
message related to XNodeSet.InsertCallout. Perhaps
xalan2.jar is found by oxygen but it looks for the
other jars, the ones George thought where just the
resources.

On Mon, Jun 09, 2003 at 08:37:34AM -0500,
 wrote:

> I am using Xalan to transform an xml file into an
html file. I have a table
> included in the xml file, in which I specified the
column widths. I am
> trying to use the parameters use.extensions and
tablecolumns.extension, but
> am receiving the following error message:

file:///c:/DocBook/xsl/docbook-xsl-1.59.1/html/table.xsl;
Line #388; Column
> #42; No adjustColumnWidths function available.

This error is usually the result of a problem in
the CLASSPATH.  Either extensions/xalan2.jar file
was left out, or the path is incorrect, or the
syntax of CLASSPATH is wrong, or the file is
unreadable.

> I had used these parameters about three weeks ago,
and all was well. So I'm
> not quite sure why suddenly they are not working.

Hard to say.
Did anything in your command line change?

> Also, I am assuming that if I want to use version
1.60.1 of the stylesheet,
> that I must change the classpath. Is that all I need
to do?

The classpath is used for the extension jar file, but
not
for the stylesheet itself.  Your command needs to
point
to the new stylesheet file directly (or through an XML
catalog file).