[oXygen-user] Oxygen 3.0 - What is

George Cristian Bina
Mon Dec 29 09:00:24 CST 2003

Hi Sean,

> Browsing around Oxygen 3.0 I came across the XSL Transformer options under
> Preferences. What is it used for?
>
> Also I noticed the inclusion of JAXP. How is this used? When I select it
as a
> processor I get back  the message "Provider not found".

This was a very recent addition at that time. Now that preferences page is
called "JAXP XSL Transformer" and you can enter there the value of the
javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactory property. Then when you will select
JAXP as the XSLT processor for a transformation the specified factory will
be used to create Transformer objects. In this way you will be able to use
Saxon 7 for instance. For this you can place the saxon 7 jar in the oXygen
libraries directory and set up in options
net.sf.saxon.TransformerFactoryImpl as the value for the
javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactory property.

Happy holidays,