[oXygen-sdk] New Oxygen 19 feature which allows saving new files to CMS

Radu Coravu radu_coravu at sync.ro
Wed Dec 21 06:11:32 CST 2016

Hi everyone,

This mail is mostly for CMS vendors who created plugins for the
standalone version of Oxygen.

For Oxygen 19.0 (which we plan to release in the Spring of 2017) we
added an enhancement when using the "File->New" action from Oxygen.
Please see the attached screenshot.

Users will be able to specify a location where to save the new file,
instead of opening it as an untitled document and then saving later on.
So the CMS plugin contributed browse actions will also appear in the
"Save As" list of browse actions.
Basically the user will be able to browse the CMS and choose an URL
where to save, then Oxygen will call the custom CMS-implemented URL
handler to save the content to the CMS.

How would this functionality affect your current integration with Oxygen?
How did you handle the creation of new XML documents until now? Did you
have your own "New from CMS" toolbar button?
Do you need additional API to know that the URL handler is called from
this particular context?

Regards,
Radu

Radu Coravu