[oXygen-sdk] Plans to abandon support for Java 1.6

Radu Coravu radu_coravu at sync.ro
Thu Aug 4 05:33:46 CDT 2016

Hi everybody,

In the next Oxygen version (version 18.1, this Autumn) we plan to
abandon support for Java 1.6 and offer support only for Java 1.8 or newer.
This means that you will no longer be able to run Oxygen using Java 1.6.
Plugins and add ons compiled with Java 1.6 should work without any problem.
If anybody has customization problems with our decision please tell us.

Regards,
Radu

Radu Coravu