[oXygen-sdk] [ann] oXygen XML Editor version 16

Radu Coravu radu_coravu at sync.ro
Tue May 20 09:27:39 CDT 2014

Hi everybody,

I am happy to announce that a new major release of oXygen XML Editor,
version 16 is available from our website:

http://www.oxygenxml.com

As an important change, starting with this version, we decided to offer
our SDK as a public Maven repository. It is easier now to create a
startup project by using the oxygen-sdk-samples-archetype, directly from
your IDE of choice.

In this Maven project you will find sample modules for:

- Implementing XML framework extensions
- Sample plugins for the oXygen standalone distribution
- Usage of the Author Component as an applet
- Usage of the Author as a WebApp with HTML5 frontend

Please register and read on our website how to create a startup project
from the command line or from the Eclipse IDE:

http://www.oxygenxml.com/oxygen_sdk_maven.html

So please give us your opinion on this change.

Our Maven repository also has early access to the "XML Author WebApp", a
100% XHTML5+Javascript based solution for in-browser reviewing of XML
content either on mobile or on desktop devices. The solution needs a
special server-side component installed in a J2EE container server like
Tomcat.

As usual we added a lot of Java-based API:

http://www.oxygenxml.com/whatisnew16.0.html#16.0_API

For example I consider quite useful the API
"PluginWorkspace.importGlobalOptions(File)" which will allow you to
force the application to load a set of options from an options XML document.
Our Plugins SDK contains a sample plugin which uses this new API.

We also added the possibility to extend a document type/framework
configuration and have that extension automatically evolve as the base
document type evolves from one Oxygen version to another.
For example you can extend the DITA document type and make changes to it
but still benefit of the new improvements Oxygen adds in each new release.

You can find the complete version 16.0 release notes at:
http://oxygenxml.com/whatisnew16.0.html

Regards,
Radu

Radu Coravu