[oXygen-sdk] Find/replace in maps doesn't seem to refresh correctly

Oxygen XML Editor Support support at oxygenxml.com
Thu Mar 21 05:03:28 CDT 2013

Hi Jan,

The behavior is exactly as you described.
I will add an issue for this on our issues list (and hopefully fix it in
15.0, in a couple of months). After a Replace All is performed (and the
replacement is done by directly modifying the target URLs content), we
should improve Oxygen to look if any of the opened editors was somehow
modified by the replace operation and signal this to the user (or reload
it directly if not modified).

The mechanism we have right now (and which works properly if the
resources are considered local files) is that when an already opened
editor is focused (the user clicks in it for example) Oxygen checks if
it maps to a local file (java.io.File) and if so checks if the
modification timestamp has changed on it. If it detects changes, it reloads.

The problem is that you are using a custom protocol and Oxygen only
makes these checks for URLs with the "file" protocol.
But as the replacement was made from Oxygen, we can make an improvement
to also considered these opened editors as changed.

Regards,
Radu

Radu Coravu