[oXygen-sdk] Styling content between two processing instructions

Michael Anthony Smith anthony.smith at deltaxml.com
Wed Dec 19 10:27:57 CST 2012

Hello,

In my last posting to this list, entitled "Request to enable 'form based editing' from processing instructions", we set out our use of processing instructions for merge conflict resolution. It would be nice if we could highlight the content between two of our processing instructions. So that the user could clearly see what 'content' was in consideration.

It may be possible to do this using AuthorPersistentHighlight, but this appears to be linked with the <?oxy_custom_start?> and <?oxy_custom_end?> processing instructions. We could use these, but it would make our processing significantly more complicated (and our format less succinct). Previous discussion on this topic on the oxygen user mailing list, suggested that this was limitation of the AuthorPersistentHighlight approach (at least at that time). Is there anything that we have missed/new-developments that would allow highlighting content between arbitrary processing instructions.

Best regards,
Anthony.
--
Michael Anthony Smith, DeltaXML Ltd "Michael Anthony Smith, DeltaXML Ltd "Experts in Information Change""