Webhelp output - Add transformation parameter for home URL

Are you missing a feature? Request its implementation here.
Rodrik

Webhelp output - Add transformation parameter for home URL

Post by Rodrik »

It would be helpful if a parameter were added to the DITA Map Webhelp transformation scenario allowing a URL to a documentation home site to be specified. Ideally this should then appear as a link in the navigation bar, perhaps near Content|Search tabs.

Regards

Rodrik
sorin_ristache

Re: Webhelp output - Add transformation parameter for home U

Post by sorin_ristache »

I am not sure if such a link in a prominent position like the navigation bar or in the page header (near the main title above the Content and Search tabs) would be useful to most Webhelp users. I can give you instructions though, if you want, for adding such a URL link by modifications in an Oxygen XSLT file called by the Webhelp transformation.

Regards,
Sorin
Rodrik

Post by Rodrik »

Thank you, Sorin. I would appreciate it if you would send me the instructions.

Regards

Rodrik
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hi,

The title area of the Webhelp page and the Content, Search and Index tabs are created in the XSLT template with the attribute name="create-toc-common-file" in the file:

Code: Select all

OXYGEN_INSTALL_DIR\frameworks\docbook\xsl\com.oxygenxml.webhelp\xsl\createMainFiles.xsl
For adding a link to other page (for example a link to your home page) I suggest looking at the XHTML code that is created near the following line inside this XSLT template, which is a call that creates the Content, Search and Index tabs:

Code: Select all

<xsl:call-template name="create-tabs-divs"/>

Regards,
Sorin
Rodrik

Post by Rodrik »

Done. Thank you.