TEI to XHTML - @rendition

Wernazuma

TEI to XHTML - @rendition

Post by Wernazuma »

Hey all,

I'm currently working on several html visualizations of my TEI documents and I've come across a problem where I'm a bit stuck.

I have lots of elements using @rendition, properly listed in <tagsDecl> according to TEI rules. When I rund the XSL transformation in OxyGen though, I always get the error that the "key RENDITION" is not defined, so the transformation is not carried out.
I have no idea where and how to fix that. The usual googling hasn't worked for me - I've spent some hour on this already. I appreciate every help on this.

Best,
Werner
sorin_ristache

Re: TEI to XHTML - @rendition

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hi Werner,

What Oxygen version do you run? Older versions of the TEI XSLT stylesheets had some errors with the use of xsl:key and key() but we reported these errors to the TEI project at SourceForge and they were fixed in recent versions. For example you should not get these XSLT key-related errors anymore in Oxygen 15.1 like the one that you reported ("key RENDITION" is not defined). Oxygen 15.1 includes the TEI XSL distribution with the version number 7.1.0, as you can see on the Frameworks tab of the Help -> About dialog box.

If you still get the error in Oxygen 15.1 please post here or send us a sample TEI XML document for reproducing the error. If you customized the TEI XSLT transformation by injecting your own custom code please send that too, if the error cannot be reproduced without injecting your custom code in the TEI transformation.

Regards,
Sorin