XML Parser Preferences
To configure the XML Parser options, open the Preferences dialog box and go to .
- Enable parser caching (validation and content completion)
- Enables re-use of internal models when validating and provides content completion in opened XML files that reference the same schemas (grammars) such as DTD, XML Schema, or RelaxNG.
- Ignore the DTD for validation if a schema is specified
- Forces validation against a referenced schema (W3C XML Schema, Relax NG schema) even
if the document includes also a DTD DOCTYPE declaration. This option is useful when the
DTD declaration is used only to declare DTD entities and the schema reference is used
for validation against a W3C XML Schema or a Relax NG schema.Note: Schematron schemas are treated as additional schemas. The validation of a document associated with a DTD and referencing a Schematron schema is executed against both the DTD and the Schematron schema, regardless of the value of the Ignore the DTD for validation if a schema is specified option.
- Enable XInclude processing
- Enables XInclude processing. If checked, the XInclude support in Oxygen XML Developer is turned on for validation and transformation of XML documents.
- Base URI fix-up
- According to the specification for XInclude, processors must add an
xml:baseattribute to elements included from locations with a different base URI. Without these attributes, the resulting infoset information would be incorrect.
Unfortunately, these attributes make XInclude processing to not be transparent to Schema validation. One solution to this is to modify your schema to allow
xml:baseattributes to appear on elements that might be included from different base URIs.
If the addition of
xml:baseand / or
xml:langis not desired by your application, you can disable this option.
- Language fix-up
- The processor will preserve language information on a top-level included element by
xml:langattribute if its include parent has a different [language] property. If the addition of
xml:langis undesired by your application, you can disable the language fix-up.
- DTD post-validation
- Enable this option to validate an XML file against the associated DTD, after all the
content merged to the current XML file using
XIncludewas resolved. If you disable this option, the current XML file is validated against the associated DTD before all the content merged to the current XML file using