To add new spelling dictionaries to Oxygen XML Editor, or to replace an existing one, follow these steps:
- Download the files you need for your language dictionary.
The downloaded .oxt file is a zip archive. If you are
creating a new dictionary, copy the .aff and
.dic files from this archive in the spell
subfolder of the Oxygen XML Editor preferences folder.
The Oxygen XML Editor preferences folder is [APPLICATION-DATA-FOLDER]/com.oxygenxml>, where [APPLICATION-DATA-FOLDER] is:
- C:\Users\[USER-NAME]\AppData\Roaming on Windows Vista/7/8/10
- [USER-HOME-FOLDER]/Library/Preferences on OS X
- [USER-HOME-FOLDER] on Linux
- If you are updating an existing dictionary, copy the .aff and .dic files into the following folder: [OXYGEN_INSTALL_DIR]/dicts/spell.
Restart the application after copying the dictionary files.
Note: You can specify that Oxygen XML Editor includes dictionaries and term lists from a custom location by selecting the Include dictionaries and term list from option and specifying its path in the Dictionaries preferences page.