Oxygen XML Developer includes an automatic (as-you-type) spell checking feature, as well as a manual spell checking action to opens a Spelling dialog box that offers a variety of options. To open this dialog box, use the Check Spelling action on the toolbar or from the Edit menu.
The Spelling dialog box contains the following fields:
- Unrecognized word - Contains the word that cannot be found in the selected dictionary. The word is also highlighted in the XML document.
- Replace with - The character string that is suggested to replace the unrecognized word.
- Guess - Displays a list of words suggested to replace the unknown word. Double-click a word to automatically insert it in the document and resume the spell checking process.
- Default language - Allows you to select the default dictionary used by the spelling engine.
Paragraph language - In an XML document, you can mix content written
in multiple languages. To tell the spell checker engine what language was used to write a
specific section, you need to set the language code in the
xml:langattribute to that section. Oxygen XML Developer automatically detects such sections and instructs the spell checker engine to apply the appropriate dictionary.
- Replace - Replaces the currently highlighted word in the XML document, with the selected word in theReplace with field.
- Replace All - Replaces all occurrences of the currently highlighted word in the XML document, with the selected word in theReplace with field.
- Ignore - Ignores the first occurrence of the unrecognized word and allows you to continue checking the document.Oxygen XML Developer skips the content of the XML elements marked as ignorable.
- Ignore All - Ignores all instances of the unknown word in the current document.
- Learn - Includes the unrecognized word in the list of valid words.
- Options - Sets the configuration options of the spell checker.
- Begin at cursor position - Instructs the spell checker to begin checking the document starting from the current cursor position.
- Close - Closes the dialog box.