Advanced Saxon HE/PE/EE XQuery Transformation Options
The XQuery transformation scenario allows you to configure advanced options that are specific for the Saxon HE (Home Edition), PE (Professional Edition), and EE (Enterprise Edition) engines. They are the same options as those in the Saxon HE/PE/EE preferences page but they are configured as a specific set of transformation options for each transformation scenario, while the values set in the preferences page apply as global options. The advanced options configured in a transformation scenario override the global options defined in the preferences page.
- Recoverable errors ("-warnings")
- Allows you to choose how dynamic errors are handled. The following options can be selected:
- Recover silently ("silent") - Continues processing without reporting the error.
- Recover with warnings ("recover") - Issues a warning but continues processing.
- Signal the error and do not attempt recovery ("fatal") - Issues an error and stops processing.
- Strip whitespaces ("-strip")
- Allows you to choose how the strip whitespaces operation is handled. You
can choose one of the following values:
- All ("all") - Strips all whitespace text nodes from
source documents before any further processing, regardless of any
xml:spaceattributes in the source document.
- Ignore ("ignorable") - Strips all ignorable
whitespace text nodes from source documents before any further processing,
regardless of any
xml:spaceattributes in the source document. Whitespace text nodes are ignorable if they appear in elements defined in the DTD or schema as having element-only content.
- None ("none") - Strips no whitespace before further processing.
- All ("all") - Strips all whitespace text nodes from source documents before any further processing, regardless of any
- Optimization level ("-opt")
- Allows you to set the optimization level. It is the value is an integer in the range of 0 (no optimization) to 10 (full optimization). This option allows optimization to be suppressed when reducing the compiling time is important, optimization conflicts with debugging, or optimization causes extension functions with side-effects to behave unpredictably.
- Use linked tree model ("-tree:linked")
- This option activates the linked tree model.
- Enable XQuery 3.0 support ("-qversion:(1.0|3.0)")
- If enabled (default value), Saxon runs the XQuery transformation with the XQuery 3.0 support.
- Initializer class
- Equivalent to the -init Saxon command-line argument. The value is the name of a user-supplied class that implements the net.sf.saxon.lib.Initializer interface. This initializer is called during the initialization process, and may be used to set any options required on the configuration programmatically. It is particularly useful for tasks such as registering extension functions, collations, or external object models, especially in Saxon-HE where the option cannot be set via a configuration file. Saxon only calls the initializer when running from the command line, but the same code may be invoked to perform initialization when running user application code.
- Use a configuration file ("-config")
- Sets a Saxon 220.127.116.11 configuration file that is used for XQuery transformation and validation scenarios.
- Allow calls on extension functions ("-ext")
- If checked, calls on external functions are allowed. Checking this option is recommended in an environment where untrusted stylesheets may be executed. It also disables user-defined extension elements and the writing of multiple output files, both of which carry similar security risks.
- Validation of the source file ("-val")
- Requests schema-based validation of the source file and of any files read using
document()or similar functions. It can have the following values:
- Schema validation ("strict") - This mode requires an XML Schema and enables parsing the source documents with strict schema-validation enabled.
- Lax schema validation ("lax") - If an XML Schema is provided, this mode enables parsing the source documents with schema-validation enabled but the validation will not fail if, for example, element declarations are not found.
- Disable schema validation - This specifies that the source documents should be parsed with schema-validation disabled.
- Validation errors in the result tree treated as warnings ("-outval")
- Normally, if validation of result documents is requested, a validation error is fatal.
Enabling this option causes such validation failures to be treated as warnings.
- Write comments for non-fatal validation errors of the result document
- The validation messages for non-fatal errors are written (wherever possible) as a comment in the result document itself.
- Generate bytecode ("--generateByteCode:(on|off)")
- If you enable this option, Saxon-EE attempts to generate Java bytecode for evaluation of parts of a query or stylesheet that are amenable to such an action. For further details regarding this option, go to http://www.saxonica.com/documentation9.5/index.html#!javadoc.
- Enable XQuery update ("-update:(on|off)")
- This option controls whether or not XQuery update syntax is accepted. The default
value is off.
- Backup files updated by XQuery ("-backup:(on|off)")
- If checked, backup versions for any XML files updated with an XQuery Update are generated. This option is available when the Enable XQuery update option is enabled.