Configuring the Layout of the Views and Editors
All the Oxygen XML Developer views available in the Editor Perspective, XSLT Debugger Perspective, and XQuery Debugger Perspective are dockable. To open a view, select it from the menu. You can hide a view by closing it with the button at the top-right corner of the view, or with the action.
The changes you make to any layout are preserved between working sessions. The predefined layout files are saved in the preferences directory of Oxygen XML Developer.
To gain more editing space in the Oxygen XML Developer window, click Toggle auto-hide in any view. This button sets the view in the auto-hide state, making it visible only as a vertical tab, at the margins of the Oxygen XML Developer window. To display a view in the auto-hide state, hover its side-tab with your cursor, or click it to keep the view visible until you click elsewhere. A view can also be set to a floating state by using the Toggle floating action, making it independent from the rest of the Oxygen XML Developer window.
You can drag the editors and arrange them in any order, both horizontally and vertically.
- Synchronous scrolling
- Select this action to scroll through the tiled editors at the same time.
- Tile Editors Horizontally
- Splits the editing area into horizontal tiles, one for each open file.
- Tile Editors Vertically
- Splits the editing area into vertical tiles, one for each open file.
- Stack Editors
- The reverse of the Tile Editors Horizontally/Vertically actions. Stacks all open editors.
- Split horizontally - Splits the editor horizontally. This is useful for comparing and merging content between two documents.
- Split vertically - Splits the editor vertically. This is useful for comparing and merging content between two documents.
- Unsplit - Removes a split action on the editing area.
When the opened documents titles do not fit in the tab strip, the scroll wheel can be used to scroll the editor title tabs to the left or right, the same as the two arrows on the top-right. You can also switch between edited files by using the Next editor and Previous editor actions from the Window menu, or by using their respective keyboard shortcuts (Ctrl + F6 (Command + F6 on OS X) and Ctrl + Shift + F6 (Command + Shift + F6 on OS X)). These two actions display a small pop-up window that allows you to cycle through all opened files.
To watch our video demonstration about dockable and floating views and editors in Oxygen XML Developer, go to http://oxygenxml.com/demo/Dockable_Views.html.